pause command on linux

Alexey Shetinin
I wonder if wrapper really support pause/resume commands on linux platform
Currently, app (neither wrapper, according to wrapper log files) dont receive anything on pause or resume service commands, and according to launch script it also does nothing:

pause() {
    eval echo `gettext 'Pausing $APP_LONG_NAME.'`
}

resume() {
    eval echo `gettext 'Resuming $APP_LONG_NAME.'`
}

--

avs

Re: pause command on linux

Maxime
Alexey,

Thank you for your email.

The script currently doesn't support the actions PAUSE and RESUME, but you can trigger these actions from the command file.

Note that you should set wrapper.pausable to TRUE.

There are two different methods to pause your application. In the first method, the Wrapper requests the JVM to shutdown until the service is resumed or stopped. In the second method, the Wrapper will send a service control event to the JVM which can be handled in your code to put the Application into a paused state. This can be controlled with the wrapper.pausable.stop_jvm property.

Maxime

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:25 AM, Alexey Shetinin <[hidden email]> wrote:
I wonder if wrapper really support pause/resume commands on linux platform
Currently, app (neither wrapper, according to wrapper log files) dont receive anything on pause or resume service commands, and according to launch script it also does nothing:

pause() {
    eval echo `gettext 'Pausing $APP_LONG_NAME.'`
}

resume() {
    eval echo `gettext 'Resuming $APP_LONG_NAME.'`
}

--

avs

Re: pause command on linux

Alexey Shetinin
Thanks!
I've updated script a little bit so it uses command file to issue pause/resume commands - works like a charm.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Maxime <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I invite you to test the new version of the Wrapper (3.5.31). It now supports the pause/resume actions from the Unix shell script.

The property PAUSABLE_MODE makes it possible to specify how the script file communicates these actions to the running instance of the Wrapper. The default is to use the SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 signals, but you may configure to use the Wrapper command file instead. Note that using signals can be more reactive and does not cause file permission issue. Please look at lines 99 and 105 of the script file for usage descriptions.

You may also have a look at the release notes for a full list of changes:
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/release-notes.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Best Regards,

Maxime