Quantcast

Wrapper on Ubuntu 15.10

Anton Tananaev
Hi,

I am using Java Service Wrapper for my open source project and one of the users reported that service doesn't auto-start after update to the latest version of Ubuntu (15.10). I am currently using version 3.5.26 of Java Service Wrapper. Is it a known issue?

Regards,
Anton

Re: Wrapper on Ubuntu 15.10

Alexandre Klein
Anton,

I installed a clean Ubuntu 15.10 and I could see that it is using sytemd as the init system.

In that case, in the script file of the Wrapper, you can set the following property to true:
USE_SYSTEMD=true

I just did that and rebooted my machine. Then I could see that the service Wrapper started correctly.

In case you leave USE_SYSTEMD to an empty value, then it will use init.d. In that case, the service Wrapper will not auto-start.

I hope this will help your user to run the Wrapper.

Regards,
Alexandre Klein

Alexandre Klein
Tanuki Software, Ltd.
6-18-10-4F Nishi-Kasai, Edogawa-ku
Tokyo 134-0088 Japan

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Anton Tananaev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am using Java Service Wrapper for my open source project and one of the users reported that service doesn't auto-start after update to the latest version of Ubuntu (15.10). I am currently using version 3.5.26 of Java Service Wrapper. Is it a known issue?

Regards,
Anton

Re: Wrapper on Ubuntu 15.10

Anton Tananaev
Hi,

Thanks. It works now. Are there any plans to fix it in one of the next releases?

Regards,
Anton