Quantcast

Windows 2012 - Fatal error - unable to bind listener to any port in the range 32000-32999

Windows 2012 - Fatal error - unable to bind listener to any port in the range 32000-32999

Vasco Patronilo da Silva

Hi,

Frequently the Windows services (running wrapper) are stopping with the Fatal Error message "unable to bind listener to any port in the range 32000-32999. (An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. (0x271d))".

40 services are running under Local System account and presented very few of these errors, other 40 services were running under a local user account with Admin permissions and stopped every night (off peak hours) .

I did the following changes:

·         All services are now running under Local System account;

·         I have set the wrapper port min-max to: 45000 - 50000 (for the failing services, they use a separate conf file).

I continue to get the same errors but not that frequently, but now the majority of the errors are from the 40 services that were originally running the Local System account.

Have anyone experienced the same?

System details:

·         OS - Windows 2012

·         Java - 7.0_40