Quantcast

Re: Problem with method integration 3

Greg Rivera
I have subscribed to the mailing list and am resending my query.

Thank you.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Greg Rivera <[hidden email]> wrote:

The contents of this question are below:

I have this line in my main function

WrapperManager.start( new Main(), args );

When I debug the Main class as a java app, I am able to break at this line. However when I do in my expressions window

WrapperManager.getProperties();

it returns empty meaning my wrapper.conf file was not found. For output I get the following:

WrapperManager: Initializing...
WrapperManager: WARNING - The wrapper.native_library system property was not
WrapperManager:           set. Using the default value, 'wrapper'.
WrapperManager: WARNING - The version of the Wrapper which launched this JVM is
WrapperManager:           "unknown" while the version of the native library
WrapperManager:           is "3.5.26".
WrapperManager:           The Wrapper may appear to work correctly but some features may
WrapperManager:           not function correctly.  This configuration has not been tested
WrapperManager:           and is not supported.
WrapperManager:

If someone could please tell me where WrapperManager is looking for this file that would be great. I added wrapper.jar to the build path and to the debug configuration but still I could not get this to work.

I looked at the following site: http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/integrate-listener.html#mainClass

However after explaining the main class it does not say how I should be running it. I use the wrapper executable and it says my main is already running the service wrapper. I debug using eclipse and the service wrapper gives the info above.

Thanks

Info about my env: Linux xxxx-xxxx 3.13.0-45-generic #74-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 13 19:36:28 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

wrapper version Java Service Wrapper Community Edition 64-bit 3.5.26 Copyright (C) 1999-2014 Tanuki Software, Ltd. All Rights Reserved. http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com

--
Greg Louis Rivera
UCLA | Class of 2013 | B.S. Computer Science

--
Greg Louis Rivera
UCLA | Class of 2013 | B.S. Computer Science
Telescope Inc. | Java Developer
(805) 844 9209 | [hidden email]

Re: Problem with method integration 3

Alexandre Klein
Hi Greg,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

What is the value of "args" when you execute:
WrapperManager.start( new Main(), args );
Can you show me the content of wrapper.conf? If there is sensitive data, please send it to [hidden email]

Which command do you use to start the Wrapper using the wrapper executable?

Regards,
Alexandre Klein
Tanuki Software, Ltd.
6-16-7-1001 Nishi-Kasai, Edogawa-ku
Tokyo 134-0088 Japan

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Greg Rivera <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Leif Mortenson-3
Greg,
Are you sure that the Wrapper binary is of the same version?  VERY old versions did not used to pass the version and library.  The Wrapper jar appears to be the new version and is complaining about the version mismatch.

Please try adding wrapper.debug=true to your configuration file as that will give more useful information and let you see the generated Java command line.

I would suggest trying to get running with Method #1 as 99% of applications can be run that way without any coding.  Method #3 allows for some more advanced integration, but is not usually necessary.

Cheers,
Leif

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Alexandre Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the replies!

For args I tried:
{null}
{-c = ../conf/wrapper.conf}
{../conf/wrapper.conf}

I have code at this repo: https://github.com/gregrivera1/jsw
When I do ./wrapper ../conf/wrapper.conf from the bin folder everything works as expected. But when I import the project in eclipse and right click the main class and select debug, I get the mismatching version message. It then runs my app but when the out of memory exception is thrown the wrapper doesn't seem to do anything.

Sorry for my lack of understanding.

Thanks!

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 9:17 PM, Leif Mortenson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Here is a link to our technical tips: The External Tools menu in Eclipse can start the Java Service Wrapper
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/qna-eclipse-integration.html

There is an example on how to launch the Wrapper. Please note that in this example we are using integration method 1.
Please give it a try.

Your Github link returns error 404. Is it a private repo?

Regards,
Alexandre Klein