Quantcast

RUN_LEVEL not working

Lars Schnoor-2
Hi

I am using the wrapper in version 3.5.25 on Linux 32-bit (RHEL 6.3). I
try to get my application to start after another application is started
which is started at run level 50, so I set the RUN_LEVEL parameter to
60. If I now look in the /etc/rcX.d directories I can see that my
application is started as S24 and stopped as K80. How can I get my
application to be started after run level 50?

Lars

Re: RUN_LEVEL not working

Alexandre Klein
In case someone else is facing the same issue.

On RHEL (CentOS and Fedora), the script file is using "chkconfig". And to set the desired priority you have to modify the following line:
# chkconfig: 2345 20 80

Do not remove '#'.
"2345" means the run level 2,3,4 and 5.
The last 2 numbers are the values for S and K.

The RUN_LEVEL parameter is used for other platforms (Solaris, HPUX....).

And make sure to uninstall the service first, before editing the script file.

Here is a link about chkconfig:
http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/chkconfig8.html

Alexandre Klein

Alexandre Klein