Quantcast

Memory leak calling getLastErrorText()

Tim Lammens
Hi,

We are using your wrapper and sometimes the wrapper itself goes out of memory.
It seems when the method getLastErrorText() in the C code of the wrapper is called, the memory allocated with malloc is not being freed afterwards. Is this possible or did I miss something?

Regards,
Tim

Re: Memory leak calling getLastErrorText()

Alexandre Klein
Tim,

Thank you for your email.
We are aware of this issue with getLastErrorText() and it is in our bug tracking system.

We will fix it in a future version of the Java Service Wrapper.

If you see any other problem in our code, please let us know. We really want to improve the Wrapper and deliver a great product to our users.

Regards,
Alexandre Klein

Alexandre Klein
Tanuki Software, Ltd.
6-16-7-1001 Nishi-Kasai, Edogawa-ku
Tokyo 134-0088 Japan

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Tim Lammens <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We are using your wrapper and sometimes the wrapper itself goes out of memory.
It seems when the method getLastErrorText() in the C code of the wrapper is called, the memory allocated with malloc is not being freed afterwards. Is this possible or did I miss something?

Regards,
Tim

Re: Memory leak calling getLastErrorText()

Leif Mortenson-3
Tim,
I wanted to follow up as well.  The getLastErrorText method is known to have a small leak, but it is not normally called repeatedly.
Where it is we are specifically freeing the returned string.

What is the version you are seeing the leak in?  Is it something that you have been able to reproduce?
There have been some other leaks fixed over time:
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/release-notes.html

Cheers,
Leif

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Alexandre Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

The leak occurs in 3.5.25 and earlier (64-bit), running on an linux machine (linux kernel 3.2.30-49.59).
It is located in the #ifdef UNICODE block of the method:
the buffer used in the WIN32 code could also be used in the UNICODE block.

I am not sure this is the root cause of the problems we are seeing.
I wrote a small test program which used the Java logging framework and is continuously logging a string with some unicode characters in it to reproduce the problem.
That is also creating memory issues with the wrapper (3.5.25).
I am currently suspecting locale/glibc problems due to security updates.
I'll keep you posted if the root cause is in the service wrapper.

Regards,
Tim