How can I change process name?

Jeff Nelson
How can I change the process name? For example, whenever I do "JPS" the process name is listed as "WrapperSimpleApp". Is there any way I can change this to something else?

Re: How can I change process name?

Leif Mortenson-3
JPS is listing the main class as the process name.  So it can't be changed directly.

One solution for you is to create a simple class whose main method simply calls the WrapperSimpleApp.main method, passing in all of its arguments.   That class name will then become the process name.

This should work as long as you are not using a security manager.  If you are then you would also need to give full rights to your new class so it didn't become a weak link in the call stack.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Cheers,
Leif