Hiding console window when running wrapper in console mode

Hiding console window when running wrapper in console mode

V. Sevel
Hi, is there a way to hide the (black) windows console window when running
in console mode?

I have got an application that I would like to install either as a service
or as a regular java process started from the startup directory on windows
or from the **start>all programs menu**. In both cases I need to show a gui,
but preferably not the windows console window. This works fine in the
service case, but I can't get it to disappear in console mode. I have tried
using javaw as my wrapper.java.command, and doing a **start "myapp" /B
%~dp0wrapper.exe -c ..\conf\wrapper.conf**, but with no success.

I investigated running a straight javaw process for the console mode: start
/B javaw -cp ...
Although I can get the console window to disappear, the process does not
seem to get the log off event from the os (windows xp) until after the user
press the "end now" button on the windows dialog that notifies the user that
a program could not stop. Using java.exe allows the program to exit
successfully, but then the console window comes back...

Any help appreciated,
vince

Re: Hiding console window when running wrapper in console mode

Leif Mortenson-2
Vince,
    Unfortunately, the Wrapper does not currently support running the
Wrapper without a
console.  It will require a different binary to do so.  I have on my to
do list to modify the
Windows version to include a wrapperw.exe as well as the current
wrapper.exe.  But it
is going to be in a future release.

    The best I can do right now is the following:
start /min wrapper.exe -c ..\conf\wrapper.conf

    This will open the Wrapper console iconized.  The icon will be that
of the Wrapper
rather than the standard console icon.

Cheers,
Leif