Detect printers when running as service

Catalin Kormos
Hi there,

I'm running JBoss as Windows service using Java Service Wrapper. My J2EE application is used to print remotely, so the server side application needs to detect the printes attached to the server machine. This works fine as long as i run JBoss in a console, but when is runned as service it doesn't find any printers.

I use wrapper.ntservice.interactive=true, is there anything else that i'm missing? maybe some specific service dependencies? my service should be started after some specific printers related services?

Thanks for any hint.

Regards,
Catalin

RE: Detect printers when running as service

Ori Argov
Hi Catalin,
Sounds like permission problems. NT Services run under a different user
account by default which has some restrictions.
Try running the service under another account as explained here:

http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/prop-ntservice-account.html

Hope this helps.

Ori

I'm running JBoss as Windows service using Java Service Wrapper. My J2EE
application is used to print remotely, so the server side application needs
to detect the printes attached to the server machine. This works fine as
long as i run JBoss in a console, but when is runned as service it doesn't
find any printers.

I use wrapper.ntservice.interactive=true, is there anything else that i'm
missing? maybe some specific service dependencies? my service should be
started after some specific printers related services?

Thanks for any hint.

Regards,
Catalin

________________________________

Yahoo! Autos <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=38381/
ylc=X3oDMTEzcGlrdGY5BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDMWF1dG9z/*http:/
/autos.yahoo.com/index.html> . Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing,
reviews, & more on new and used cars.

RE: Detect printers when running as service

Catalin Kormos
Hi Ori,

Thanks for your reply, i was thinking this could be an issue...i'll test and let you know.

Regards,
Catalin

Yahoo! Autos ylc=X3oDMTEzcGlrdGY5BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDMWF1dG9z/*http:/