Createing Symbolic Link

bashiro

Hello folks,

Have anyone been able to create a symbolic link of an application on

Linux and it works ?

I have tried on bothe mandrake and Fedora and doesn't get i to work.

On test execution, I get no such file exist even though the file is in the init.d.

Any help ?

Bashiro

Re: Createing Symbolic Link

Leif Mortenson-2
Bashiro,
    I frequently set up applications which have the following real path:
/home3/apps/myapp_solaris_1.0.1
    Then I create a symbolic link which makes it simple to upgrade /
downgrade:
/home3/apps/myapp -> /home3/apps/myapp_solaris_1.0.1
    Finally, I add a second symbolic link from the init scripts.
/etc/init.d/myapp -> /home3/apps/myapp/bin/myapp

    I have done this on Debian as well as Solaris personally.

    Cheers,
    Leif