Clarification on community licensing

Jeff Nelson
Hi All,

ConcourseDB is an open source project that uses the community edition of the wrapper. Concourse uses the MIT licenses because we don't want to force commercial users of the database to licenses their code under a certain license.

Since we ship the wrapper with the database to start/stop the server, should we be releasing under GPLv2? I'm not sure if our usage constitutes a derivative work, so I wanted to clarify.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Nelson
Cinchapi Software Collective