Quantcast

Build64.bat

Errol Neal
I noticed this in CVS for 3.2.0-b. I've been trying to get a 64bit
executable and dll to build for weeks now with no success. I tried
Build64.bat but still was not sucessful. Does this build a true 64bit
executable for the AMD64 platform? Also, does It rely on the Windows DDK
to do it?
Thanks!
Errol

Errol Uriel Neal Jr.
Sr. Network Administrator
DFI International, Inc.
1717 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Suite 1300
Washington, DC  20006
Tel (202)452-6955
Fax (202)452-6910
[hidden email]
www.dfi-intl.com

RE: Build64.bat

Errol Neal
>> I noticed this in CVS for 3.2.0-b. I've been trying to get a 64bit
executable and dll to build for weeks now >> with no success. I tried
Build64.bat but still was not sucessful. Does this build a true 64bit
executable for >> the AMD64 platform? Also, does It rely on the Windows
DDK to do it?

The linker requires bufferoverflowu.lib which is only available in the
DDK. I have the DDK installed. Can someone direct me on how to set my
environment variables to get this to link properly against the 64bit
libs provided in DDK?
Also, src/c/makewin64.bat loads environment variables from VCVARS32.BAT
which knows nothing about 64 bit libraries. Shouldn't this be omittied?

Errol

Re: Build64.bat

Leif Mortenson-2
Errol,
    I have been trying to rework the build to cleanly build both 64 and
32 bit versions of
the Wrapper.  The Windows-64 build was set up from notes from another
user but has
not yet been tested.   I don't personally have access to any 64-bit
systems to test with.
    There are probably going to be several things that need changing.
Any help would be
appreciated getting the build working out of the box.

Cheers,
Leif

Errol Neal wrote:

>>> I noticed this in CVS for 3.2.0-b. I've been trying to get a 64bit
>>>
> executable and dll to build for weeks now >> with no success. I tried
> Build64.bat but still was not sucessful. Does this build a true 64bit
> executable for >> the AMD64 platform? Also, does It rely on the Windows
> DDK to do it?
>
> The linker requires bufferoverflowu.lib which is only available in the
> DDK. I have the DDK installed. Can someone direct me on how to set my
> environment variables to get this to link properly against the 64bit
> libs provided in DDK?
> Also, src/c/makewin64.bat loads environment variables from VCVARS32.BAT
> which knows nothing about 64 bit libraries. Shouldn't this be omittied?
>
> Errol

RE: Build64.bat

Errol Neal
>> I don't personally have access to any 64-bit
>> systems to test with.

I can provide you access to a system to test with if you need it.
Contact me off-list if you're interested.

Errol