Quantcast

Application stop not completely executed during server shutdown

Application stop not completely executed during server shutdown

matteo.piemonti
Hi,
                I have a jboss-fuse-6.2.1 with Tanuki wrapper included, I used this feature and I created executable wrapper and configured them into /etc/init.d to permit automatic stop & start at shutdown and reboot of server.
At boot of server there are no problem, the problem is at server shutdown, because every time the applications (there are multiple wrapper instances) is killed before the "clean" stop ends.
The strange thing is that if I stop the application manually with "service", it is correctly stopped waiting a "clean" end.

On server I have

Wrapper (Version 3.2.3) http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org

Linux 3.10.0-327.28.3.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 12 13:21:05 EDT 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I attach logfile.

Thank you

________________________________

wrapper.log.1_metering (16K) Download Attachment
wrapper.log_networkenabler (16K) Download Attachment
METERING-wrapper.conf (7K) Download Attachment
NETWORKENABLER-wrapper.conf (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Application stop not completely executed during server shutdown

Alexandre Klein
Matteo,

Thank you for your email.

How do you install the service? The Wrapper comes with a script file which should take care of the installation.
For example, with the TestWrapper application (test application included when you download the Wrapper), you can install it with the following command:
./testwrapper install
Depending of your OS, it will create the necessary files on your system. What is your OS?

And the following commands to start, stop and uninstall the service:
./testwrapper start
./testwrapper stop
./testwrapper remove

Regards,
Alexandre Klein

Alexandre Klein
Tanuki Software, Ltd.
6-18-10-4F Nishi-Kasai, Edogawa-ku
Tokyo 134-0088 Japan

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 11:38 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

        The service is installed through the client interface of Jboss with command wrapper:install

It creates a -wrapper.conf, a –service and a –wrapper file.
I have Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2 (Maipo)

All the services if manually used they are working perfectly, the problem is at server shutdown, because they are killed before a clean shutdown:

STATUS | wrapper  | 2016/11/22 21:50:02 | TERM trapped.  Shutting down.
ERROR  | wrapper  | 2016/11/22 21:50:12 | Shutdown failed: Timed out waiting for signal from JVM.
STATUS | wrapper  | 2016/11/22 21:50:12 | Dumping JVM state.
ERROR  | wrapper  | 2016/11/22 21:50:16 | JVM did not exit on request, terminated
STATUS | wrapper  | 2016/11/22 21:50:16 | <-- Wrapper Stopped

Thank you

Matteo Piemonti

How do you install the service? The Wrapper comes with a script file which should take care of the installation.
For example, with the TestWrapper application (test application included when you download the Wrapper), you can install it with the following command:
./testwrapper install
Depending of your OS, it will create the necessary files on your system. What is your OS?
And the following commands to start, stop and uninstall the service:
./testwrapper start
./testwrapper stop
./testwrapper remove
Regards,